Self-importing cars.....

You don't have to have a Benz to be join us !

Self-importing cars.....

Postby Happyyoungman » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:02 pm

I'm just exploring the possibility of self-importing a car into SG.

Has anyone here done it before and can share their experience? I attempted to read through the LTA guidelines but couldn't finish without falling asleep. -_-

I been looking at this http://www.fpv.com.au/gt_showroom. Could probably get it cheaper at the dealers than listed price. With the engine capacity, will have to look at the Open Cat COE :bumbed:

Many gam siah in advance for pearls of wisdom!!!
Jean Danker is a guy!!
Happyyoungman
Kopi C

Re: Self-importing cars.....

Postby barney » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:56 pm

Happyyoungman wrote:I'm just exploring the possibility of self-importing a car into SG.

Has anyone here done it before and can share their experience? I attempted to read through the LTA guidelines but couldn't finish without falling asleep. -_-

I been looking at this http://www.fpv.com.au/gt_showroom. Could probably get it cheaper at the dealers than listed price. With the engine capacity, will have to look at the Open Cat COE :bumbed:

Many gam siah in advance for pearls of wisdom!!!

Anything is possible. My ex-boss had a 320 many years ago. He brought in from Germany direct and best, warranty by PML. Sat boh? But knowing how much trouble to bring int he car for $10,000 savings.....I will pass......
Sheer Driving Pleasure
barney
Kopi C

Re: Self-importing cars.....

Postby Happyyoungman » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:46 am

The base car price is AUD79,999, works out say about SGD90k. Add in the import duties works out to be SGD150k. Add in the open cat category of ENTITLEMENT (ccb) of SGD80k, works out to be .....SGD230K.

aussie muscle cars are relatively low tech (pushrod V8s lawl) so in terms of service and maintenance would be easy for any established workshop to do, but of course, if kena accident then... :bumbed:

pros and cons, pros and cons...
Jean Danker is a guy!!
Happyyoungman
Kopi C

Return to Other Marques Discussion