Aftermath of changing engine and gearbox mount

Aftermath of changing engine and gearbox mount

Postby achuafc » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:32 pm

Kakis,

I've just changed my engine and gearbox mounts and realized quite a world of difference in terms of smoothness in driving. The smoothness can be described as you feel less vibration from your steering wheel and also the cabin seems a little quieter. 204 has clocked 90k and see&see informed that the engine mount was low. Changed outside with original parts installed, so avoided the monstrous bill from see&see.

Now, the car seem more like brand new. May work for you too if you haven't gotten these parts changed recently. :thumbdance:
achuafc
3 in 1 Kopi

Re: Aftermath of changing engine and gearbox mount

Postby SUPERVIRUS » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:59 pm

Congrats on the new car feeling. I have always advocated regular changing of these mounts.
As at today's' mileage of 60k km for my car, I have already changed these mounts twice. That's every 30k km interval. It's a bit overboard, but what the heck! I love the quiet ride after changing them.
Btw, I change them outside C&C with parts purchased from Goldenlink.
SUPERVIRUS

Postby Yapst6543 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:39 pm

achuafc wrote:Kakis,

I've just changed my engine and gearbox mounts and realized quite a world of difference in terms of smoothness in driving. The smoothness can be described as you feel less vibration from your steering wheel and also the cabin seems a little quieter. 204 has clocked 90k and see&see informed that the engine mount was low. Changed outside with original parts installed, so avoided the monstrous bill from see&see.

Now, the car seem more like brand new. May work for you too if you haven't gotten these parts changed recently. :thumbdance:

Bro can share more much is the damage??
MercKaki YapST
Yapst6543
Blue Mountain

Postby achuafc » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:23 am

Yapst6543 wrote:Bro can share more much is the damage??

Goldenlink carries the engine mount at around $160+ (need 2) and the gearbox mount around $70. So, rest is dependent on how much the garage charge you for labour liao.
achuafc
3 in 1 Kopi

Postby achuafc » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:25 am

SUPERVIRUS wrote:Congrats on the new car feeling. I have always advocated regular changing of these mounts.
As at today's' mileage of 60k km for my car, I have already changed these mounts twice. That's every 30k km interval. It's a bit overboard, but what the heck! I love the quiet ride after changing them.

So Doc, what other wear-&-tear stuff for the car for regular changes to keep the car smooth and silent? Share share lei. :yaah:
achuafc
3 in 1 Kopi

Postby SUPERVIRUS » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:57 pm

achuafc wrote:
SUPERVIRUS wrote:Congrats on the new car feeling. I have always advocated regular changing of these mounts.

So Doc, what other wear-&-tear stuff for the car for regular changes to keep the car smooth and silent? Share share lei. :yaah:

Transmission oil change! The manual says change at Service B+..ie 60k km. IMO, that's a bit too long for my comfort for a turbo car. Heat is biggest culprit here.
I change the transmission oil at 30k km interval also. Can buy 6lit of transmission oil, oil filter & gasket from Goldenlink & get it changed at any workshop outside. About $300 for the whole works...for a peace of mind.
My GB is ultra smooth all the time.
SUPERVIRUS

Postby solar » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:48 am

Don't mind could u share which workshops will agree to let u bring your own?
heard some will impose a 'deterring' charge if u do.
solar
Kopi

Postby Yapst6543 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:17 pm

solar wrote:Don't mind could u share which workshops will agree to let u bring your own?

Bro join our today GTG at kallang carpark F and he can share the answer with u ....
MercKaki YapST
Yapst6543
Blue Mountain

Postby SUPERVIRUS » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:39 pm

solar wrote:Don't mind could u share which workshops will agree to let u bring your own?

If you are there this afternoon, I'll share with u over a cuppa kopi. :happy:
Just joking....I go to this place called Team Sportivo.

Team Sportivo Pte Ltd. Address. Address: 176 Sin Ming #03-12 Sin Ming Autocare. Singapore 575721. Telephone: 65462022.
Look for Rick...he's the boss. Tell him that Dr Jimmy recommends.
Reasonable price. BTW Goldenlink is also in the same building. I usually buy the parts & carry over to Rick. If the parts are too heavy, can request for Goldenlink to trolley over to Rick.
SUPERVIRUS

Postby JCV » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:29 pm

deleted....
Last edited by JCV on Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JCV
Kopi

Next

Return to Mercedes C Class