[W211 E230] Have i bought myself a bottomless pit?

[W211 E230] Have i bought myself a bottomless pit?

Postby fifthmay » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:53 am

Dear Bros...

I stumbled upon this forum while I was looking for answers pertaining to CEL on my W211

You see, i have taken over a Oct'07 W211 E230 with an existing CEL on condition, the dealer had promised
to solve the problem but after 2 rounds of rectifying with his workshop. The warning light still came back.

I had enough and went down to C&C for an engine diagnostics check yesterday and this is what it says

Any bros kind enough to enlighten me what shit i am in for and also C&C had recommended that to check the manifold, camshaft and some
hoses which could be leaking to trigger the CEL. Total cost: approx $4,000+

The dealer refuses repair at C&C and had recommended another workshop to me (HIN LUNG), any kind advise will be greatly appreciated.

Jackie
fifthmay
3 in 1 Kopi

Re: [W211 E230] Have i bought myself a bottomless pit?

Postby sjy78 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:38 am

Hi fifthmay,

welcome to merckaki...!!

sorry to hear about your 'bad' car dealer & the 'bad' w211 condition.

firstly, ask your dealer a list of workshops that they are willing to send your car to. then, go through our workshop list & see if any of them are in it. if not, give your dealer the workshop list & ask them if these workshop ok to do your repairs. also visit those workshop thats in our list & ask them to check & quote you. once you get an estimate, ask the amount from the dealer plus time wasted etc etc....
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=68

if all fails, use the 'lemon law' on them.
"Who will take me tonight....?"
sjy78

Postby SUPERVIRUS » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:06 pm

sjy78 wrote:if all fails, use the 'lemon law' on them.

Agree! >:-(
However, to be fair, Hin Lung is quite well established as a car dealer with in house workshop. They should be able to resolve tis problem. If the dealer is paying, use them, but ask for a courtesy car.
SUPERVIRUS

Postby fifthmay » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:22 pm

Hi all,

thanks for taking time to respond. Had settled with Hin Lung, dealer paying for the repair $2500

Items changing
1) Intake manifold
2) Air mask (spelling?)
3) Cam magnet
4) faulty Visor (passenger)

Do the repairs command $2500??
fifthmay
3 in 1 Kopi

Postby V6ENGINE » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:28 pm

fifthmay wrote:Hi all,

thanks for taking time to respond. Had settled with Hin Lung, dealer paying for the repair $2500

Items changing
1) Intake manifold
2) Air mask (spelling?)
3) Cam magnet
4) faulty Visor (passenger)

Do the repairs command $2500??

Hi Bro,

anyway you have already bought the car so i cannot lend a helping hand but feel the pain for you and try my best to give you as much information as possible. Nos 1 and 2 i am not too sure as I have no experience in it. No3 will cost you about $200 and No. 4 is not more than $200 as well. The bulk of the cost should come from the intake manifold as the cost of stripping is ex.

As for the repair, let Hin Lung do it. They are one of the few guys that sells and repairs merc for some years already. But thereafter do let C&C run thru diagnostics again to prevent further errors. BTW how did you noticed all this faults? I am curious cause intake manifold is a major fault....
V6ENGINE
Kopi Gao

Postby V6ENGINE » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:47 pm

sjy78 wrote:Hi fifthmay,

welcome to merckaki...!!

sorry to hear about your 'bad' car dealer & the 'bad' w211 condition.

firstly, ask your dealer a list of workshops that they are willing to send your car to. then, go through our workshop list & see if any of them are in it. if not, give your dealer the workshop list & ask them if these workshop ok to do your repairs. also visit those workshop thats in our list & ask them to check & quote you. once you get an estimate, ask the amount from the dealer plus time wasted etc etc....
http://www.merckaki.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=68

if all fails, use the 'lemon law' on them.

Nice and systematic approach bro...But i wish to highlight that "Lemon Law" though is enacted, has not seen any case precedence. Hence anyone who wants to use the "Lemon Law" per se has to very careful as it flips both ways. For example: alot of dealers have claim parts as "wear & tear"; but what really is under the scope of wear and tear? No one has a strict definition and no authority has define this grey area. Also there are many variance in products recall. Eg the faulty "magnet" that was posted to be faulty faced a product recall in the US but strangely i do not recall C&C doing this recall or changing this part FOC.

So in conclusion, I would rather be amicable in resolving this kind of conflicts then trying to use the "Lemon Law" per se unless it is a very clear cut case.
V6ENGINE
Kopi Gao

Postby fifthmay » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:28 am

Thanks bro V6

Car is in HIN LUNG workshop now and the repair will take 2 days.
fifthmay
3 in 1 Kopi

Postby V6ENGINE » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:30 pm

fifthmay wrote:Thanks bro V6

Np bro. We are here to share and help one another... :yaah:
V6ENGINE
Kopi Gao

Postby V6ENGINE » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:36 pm

fifthmay wrote:Thanks bro V6

So bro, how your car?
V6ENGINE
Kopi Gao

Return to Mercedes E Class