Soft Close on E-Cab

Re: Soft Close on E-Cab

Postby NW3939 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:46 pm

LostinTime wrote:Bros sad news unable to aftermarket fit as the thing does not fit the E cab

:~( :~( :~( :mcry: :mcry: :mcry:
The Best or Nothing...

MercKaki NW3939

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NW3939
Blue Mountain

Postby DT6886 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:09 pm

NW3939 wrote:
LostinTime wrote:Bros sad news unable to aftermarket fit as the thing does not fit the E cab

SOB SOB...tot still got chance for this cool function. :~(

Anyway...Bro LostinTime...Good Effort :thumbsup:
MercKaki DT6886
DT6886
Blue Mountain

Postby LostinTime » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:02 pm

Thanks....cos E cab the door very squeeze already and its very short door...even for my W220 door its a just nice fit....from handle till the bottom of the door

DT6886 wrote:
NW3939 wrote:

SOB SOB...tot still got chance for this cool function. :~(

Anyway...Bro LostinTime...Good Effort :thumbsup:
LostinTime
Kopi Gao

Postby EleBest » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:55 pm

skunky wrote:Hi fellows,

Anybody done soft close to their doors? The doors on my E-Cabs heavy, it needs a little more push to get the doors to close....sometimes....too much. The sound obviously is crushing.

I've took a ride in a friends 528 and was told it is a standard fitment, ie. the actuators and motors are all there but however, it wasn't activated in the system. All he did was send it to some workshop to have it activated by accessing the maintenance mode. That can be done for his powered trunk as well. So for the BMW folks, good idea to check if you've the motors in it, activation is cheap as opposed to sending it to PML thinking they did a full fitment for u but its just programming.

Anyway, I'm sure my car doesn't have it. Anyone knows where to install a aftermarket one? C&C quote is above the skies.

For BMW, It is not the case. Soft-Close door and non-Soft-Close Door are different in hardware.
EleBest
3 in 1 Kopi

Postby ckbenz » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:27 pm

Not sure about BMW mechanism
but the Merc one should be running on vacuum

the first soft close/ vacum door/boot was introduce in early 90s in W140 S class.

by the way, 528i from PML all come standard with suction door
I dont think is pre fixed and programming only..
ckbenz
Kopi

Previous

Return to Mercedes E Class