Change Brake disc and pads w211 e200k

Change Brake disc and pads w211 e200k

Postby V6ENGINE » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:52 pm

Dear all,

i am not sure if there are any one out there who needs this information but thought this might be useful. I just changed the above and the breakdown are as follows:

1) Brake disc front - $388 / pair
2) Brake pad front - $110 / pair
3) Brake disc rear - $228 / pair
4) Brake pad rear - $110 / pair
5) Sensor front and rear - $20
Labour (including engine oil service etc) - $100

The brake disc for front are crossdrill type as mine is advant series. I hope the above information can help others to have a good gauge for servicing brakes.

Cheers
V6ENGINE
Kopi Gao

Re: Change Brake disc and pads w211 e200k

Postby NW3939 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:57 pm

Good info... :thumbsup:

You may want to share with us the name of the workshop ...also did you buy your own parts or the workshop supplies them to you :1grin:
The Best or Nothing...

MercKaki NW3939

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NW3939
Blue Mountain

Postby V6ENGINE » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:49 pm

NW3939 wrote:Good info... :thumbsup:

You may want to share with us the name of the workshop ...also did you buy your own parts or the workshop supplies them to you :1grin:

Hi bro,

i did not buy the parts as the brake disc is really heavy loh ...everything is at the workshop. I am all for sharing all information. The workshop is in sin ming area. Please pm me if anyone needs as i guess i need to be respectful to all sponsors as well...hehheheh

BTW just a gentle reminder, please remember to bleed your brake reservoir when you change your brake sets. I did not do it and land up with a oily reservoir...so now got to change the brake fluid again.

Cheers
V6ENGINE
Kopi Gao

Postby hawkeye » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:19 pm

Curios to know how the brake reservoir would be oily when u don't bleed it?

I had mine done by c & c. Did not face problem with reservoir like u highlighted.
hawkeye
Kopi Gao

Postby V6ENGINE » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:03 pm

hawkeye wrote:Curios to know how the brake reservoir would be oily when u don't bleed it?

I had mine done by c & c. Did not face problem with reservoir like u highlighted.

Bro,
probally i was not clear in my post....Pai se

What I was trying to say is this:
when we change the brake pads and disc, they will also strip the wiring / piping that is connected to the brake reservoir. So after that they will have to bleed the brakes as there are air trapped within the piping. When this is not done, the air will transform into water and then the brake reservoir will be mixed with water within the brake reservoir. In my case, the water mixed with the brake reservoir and the oil spill over and cause the area around it to be oily.
V6ENGINE
Kopi Gao

Postby ning7377 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:34 pm

V6ENGINE wrote:Dear all,

i am not sure if there are any one out there who needs this information but thought this might be useful. I just changed the above and the breakdown are as follows:

The brake disc for front are crossdrill type as mine is advant series. I hope the above information can help others to have a good gauge for servicing brakes.

Cheers

Bro just wondering how come you didn't chosse to change the pads to Ceramic type? It will cut down 70-80% brake dust which most of us Hated it most while washing the rims ...
MercKaki ning7377
ning7377
Frappuccino

Postby V6ENGINE » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:25 am

ning7377 wrote:
V6ENGINE wrote:Dear all,

Cheers

Bro just wondering how come you didn't chosse to change the pads to Ceramic type? It will cut down 70-80% brake dust which most of us Hated it most while washing the rims ...

Bro, HAHHAA true...i also hate that brake dust...but frankly merc has lesser brake dust than bm. I did not, cause the brake change was not schedule and "discovered" during my routine service ...hehheheh
But i will change to ceremic ones the next round but not sure if they have for advant type..(cross drill hole type)
V6ENGINE
Kopi Gao

Postby hawkeye » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:51 pm

V6ENGINE wrote:
hawkeye wrote:Curios to know how the brake reservoir would be oily when u don't bleed it?

Bro,

when we change the brake pads and disc, they will also strip the wiring / piping that is connected to the brake reservoir. So after that they will have to bleed the brakes as there are air trapped within the piping. When this is not done, the air will transform into water and then the brake reservoir will be mixed with water within the brake reservoir. In my case, the water mixed with the brake reservoir and the oil spill over and cause the area around it to be oily.

Thanks Bro. Got the picture now. BY THE WAY, why didn't the shop do it, cause from your explanation it should be part of the labour process. Just my thoughts.
hawkeye
Kopi Gao

Postby V6ENGINE » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:39 pm

hawkeye wrote:
V6ENGINE wrote:

Bro,

Thanks Bro. Got the picture now. BY THE WAY, why didn't the shop do it, cause from your explanation it should be part of the labour process. Just my thoughts.

hahaha Good question...the simple answer is that I trusted the wrong workshop hhahhahah...anyway live and let live...
Cheers
V6ENGINE
Kopi Gao

Postby hawkeye » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:26 am

Thanks for sharing. Good lesson to learn on workshop reliability.
hawkeye
Kopi Gao

Return to Mercedes E Class